“The ONS Conference has become a global arena for leaders across the energy industry. I am honored to have been asked to head the ONS 2024 Conference Committee. My goal is to bring key industry and thought leaders together to imagine a future where energy security, energy affordability and energy sustainability are pulling in the same direction. We will shape a programme for ONS 2024 that will inspire and shed light on actionable solutions to the energy transition”, says Remi Eriksen, Group President and CEO of DNV.
The planning of ONS 2024 is already well underway with the establishment of the committees that will help create the programme throughout the full event. In total ONS will have nine different venues with varying content, target audience and scale:
- ONS Conference – high level conference on global energy trends
- ONS Net Zero Markets – a down to business arena for technology, markets and trends within low carbon energy such as: hydrogen, CCUS, offshore wind, batteries/energy storage and solar power.
- ONS Scale-ups – where finance, investors and scale-ups meet to pitch, network, and explore business opportunities.
- ONS Young – a unique arena where young network, learn and ask their questions on the energy industry.
- ONS Centre Court – a vibrant venue in the middle of the exhibition targeting the topics on energy and society.
- ONS Technical Sessions – a technology-focused venue with a set of challenges to the industry. The only venue open for speaker applications.
- ONS+ – downtown Stavanger we invite you to discussions on energy and society at night. Open, and free for all to attend.
- ONS International Markets – venue with focus on international markets for Norwegian suppliers. In collaboration with NORWEP.
Remi Eriksen in conversation with Børge Brende (left) and Espen Barth Eide (right) at ONS in 2022. DNV has taken part in the development of ONS through many years, and has been an active supporter.
Extensive committee work
To create the programme for the venues ONS set up a whole range of committees consisting of over 200 experts, industry leaders and academics from the global energy industry. The committees help the ONS Administration in forming the extraordinary conference programme to be presented at the nine different venues at ONS next year.
The leaders and members of the committees have now been appointed and will be announced throughout the spring and summer.
“We are excited that Remi Eriksen has accepted our invitation to head up the ONS Conference Committee. He is a highly experienced and visionary global leader with a strong focus on the energy transition who brings with him insights and a network that will further strengthen ONS as a global energy forum and meeting place”, says CEO and President of ONS, Leif Johan Sevland.
“I hope to bring in perspectives from our part of the industry, but also look forward to hear more from other major players and thinkers. I appreciate how unique it is that we have such a relevant global arena on energy in Norway, and will do my best to keep it on the top of the agenda”, says Eriksen.
In August 2024 ONS will be celebrating our 50th anniversary with an event without comparison. Building on our history, the ONS Foundation will take the opportunity to look towards the future, to discuss what lies ahead and to lead the way forward for the energy industry as a driving force for energy transition and promoting energy.
Want to learn more about the ONS Conference and explore our content? Click the below buttons.