- Practical Information
- Media & Content
- Tickets for ONS 2022
- Who we are
Standards Norway, IOGP and ISO: Standardization Session
Tue 30 Aug :
Standardization accelerates value creation in the Oil and Gas Sector – Energy transition
Organized by Standards Norway, IOGP and ISO.
The oil and gas sector and the energy transition require safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable facilities and operations. The accelerated use of international standards will be essential for achieving business objectives and showing environmental stewardship to secure and maintain lower carbon energy supply.
The objective of the ONS standardization session is for the key global and national stakeholders to inform and discuss about ongoing industry collaborations and new standardization activities being undertaken. The invited key speakers and panelists include management from the international standards development organization ISO/TC67 and Standards Norway, industry stakeholders like IOGP executives, major operators and engineering contractor & suppliers, and regulator Petroleum Safety Agency (PSA).
Session chair: Runar Østebø, Equinor, Advisor and ISO/TC67/WG4 convenor
Session co-chair: Roar Heum, Standards Norway, Business Manager Petroleum
1515 - 1700 ONS 2022 – Standardization session, Tuesday 30 August 2022
15:15 Welcome address – Jacob Mehus, CEO Standards Norway
PART 1 – Management of standards development and use – Simplifying, minimising and harmonising
15:20 Opening speech – ISO/TC67 Standards committee
– Philip Smedley, BP Exploration, Advisor Structural Engineering, ISO/TC67 Standards Committee Chair and Françoise van den Brink, NEN, ISO/TC67 Standards Committee Manager
15:30-16:00 Industry keynote speeches – International Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP)
15:30 Progress in Climate Cooperation and Standardization despite the Covid Crisis and oil price volatility – an Operators perspective from IOGP
– Richard Mortimer, BP, VP Engineering, Chairman IOGP Standards Committee and JIP33
15:35 Standardization of Procurement Equipment Specifications: A Foundational Step Change in Facility Cost and Schedule Reduction
– Adri Postema, IOGP, Director JIP33
15:50 IOGP JIP35: The industry joining forces to reduce and align offshore structures specifications.
– Oddgeir Dalane, Equinor, Manager Technology Management and IOGP Offshore Structure subcommittee chair
PART 2 – Business potential of standards – Digitalization and cost management
16:00 READI JIP – Shaping the future of digital requirements and information flow in the oil and gas value chain
– Paal Frode Larsen, Equinor, Project manager, and READI JIP Steering committee chair and Erik Østby, DNV, Vice President and READI JIP Project manager
16:15 Value Creation by use of the ISO 15663 Life Cycle Costing Standard
– Runar Østebø, Equinor, Advisor and ISO 15663 Project leader, Endre Willmann, Willmann Engineering, Manager and ISO 15663 Technical editor, Eduardo Montalvao, Petrobras, Project coordinator, Brazilian ISO/TC67/WG4/PG4 expert member, and Karl Woods, Woodside, Senior subsea reliability engineer, Australian ISO/TC67/WG4/PG4 expert member
PART 3 Stakeholder panel session – Operators, Contractors, Standards Developers and Regulators
– Session chair Runar Østebø, ISO/TC67/WG4 convenor and Session co-chair Phil Smedley, ISO/TC67 Standards Committee Chair
– Françoise van den Brink, NEN, ISO/TC67 Standards Committee Manager
– Richard Mortimer, BP, Vice President Engineering and Chairman IOGP Standards Committee and JIP33
– Per-Arne Røstadsand, Equinor, External Standards Manager and Chair Sectorial Board Petroleum Standards Norway
– Sigve Knudsen, Director of legal and regulatory affairs, Petroleum Safety Authority Norway
– Rolf Werner Erichsen, Vice President Project Resources & Methods-Engineering-Norway, Aker Solutions
16:55 Concluding remarks
– Phil Smedley, ISO/TC67 Standards Committee Chairman
Get your tickets here!
Advisor, Equinor ASA
Advisor, Equinor ASA